Wednesday, October 31, 2012

French Pastry my favorite...

First off, I am sorry to my friends at the Daring Kitchen as I am posting this very late. But posting none the less.

Blog-checking lines:Our October 2012 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Suz of Serenely Full. Suz challenged us to not only tackle buttery and flaky puff pastry, but then take it step further and create a sinfully delicious Mille Feuille dessert with it!

I have said it before and I shall say it again, pastry, primarily French Pastry are my favorite. And this months challenge was for just that Mille Feuille, or to those of us here in America often referred to as Napoleon. I am not entirely certain how they obtained that alternate name; and frankly if I were not already late I might take the time to look it up, for now my short and sweet post will have to do. What I can tell you about my efforts are the following...

My husband loved them, and has asked when might I make them again.
I took them to work and got many ooohs' and awes' from the folks who got to sample them there. Then the last final appearance was at a friends birthday dinner, where I made paella and served these along side birthday cup cakes. I got a second marriage proposal. Aw to be happily married and to have others almost begging. I don't have many photos of the process as my phone and camera were acting up, but I was able to get a few almost completed photos. I will have you know I did make my own puff pastry, and it is just a touch easier then the croissants I have made before. I know I will be doing these again in the very near future, I have family coming to visit soon and I would like to have these for when they get here. Anyway here is a photo to show the success. I had every intention of cooking a second batch before I realized the end of the month was here.



I know there should be more, but I just did not get them. They were delicious.
 
I will be excited to see what the next daring bakers challenge has in store for us. I may try and add an additional blog up regarding these when it comes time to make them again. Thanks for looking, if you want to try your hand at these please follow the link to the Daring Kitchen. 

1 comment:

  1. A second marriage proposal? Now that is some great pastry!!

    ReplyDelete